View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Han Solo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Fastest Hunk of Junk in the Galaxy

Huggy and Ftroop, you guys remind me of my students when I ask a yes/no question and I get a 5 minute diatribe on what they were thinking. My decision is made, I'm asking for an extension. What I am asking for here are tips from somebody who has been successful getting one approved.

Ftroop, did you just make up all that regional information or do you have some experience with it? The bold makes it look official and all, but I am going to call shenanigans. 100% of the guys I know who are current/qualified mil pilots with an ATP have been hired when they went to a regional. I know one guy who hasn't flown in 3 years who was told to try again in 6 months by Skywest but he porked the sim badly and didn't get interview prep.

Sputnik, you just go to the exact same link where you requested retirement and there is an option to change/withdraw the retirement date. You put in a paragraph of why it's a good idea for the AF to keep you around, and put in your CC's email address. For me pulling papers is not an option because the moment I do that my DoR will go away and the 179 nazis will have me. It's extend or retire, I'm definitely not pulling entirely.