View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Ders
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Thanks a lot for all of the advice / thoughts! Sounds like I have a lot of thinking to do regarding the direction I want to take. I will be able to self finance so that is at least good with ATP. I have no idea how anyone with debt from school can live off of these regional pilot pay checks. I also already have an iPad which will help with some of the extra fees.

So, given that seniority seems to be everything in this industry, I think I'm leaning more towards ATP so I can get to CFI more quickly. I don't doubt I can get a more personalized touch with the mom & pop schools, I'm just concerned for timing. I feel like if I make the decision to leave the corporate world I should be full speed ahead with my training and not look back.

What is the ME time minimum for ATP? Is it 50hrs? My Private Pilot school does have a Beechcraft Travel Air with a wet rate of $250/hr…

STR8NLVL - I would definitely like to take you up on that chat. I appreciate that. I think 5 posts gets me to where I can send a PM so I will drop one more somewhere and see if I can contact you.