View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 04:28 PM
outaluckagain
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Default Honesty

Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
My understanding (get other opinions) is if you were formally hired and you signed a contract of some kind for the job, or you were on payroll during the training when you washed out, then it was certainly a PRIA-recorded training event in accordance with FAA administrative law, and you must report it to any airline you apply to. However, some airlines circumvent the PRIA start date on purpose by informally hiring new pilots until they pass initial training, because they can use this as a way to entice low-time pilots. In the latter case, I believe you are ok to decide for yourself whether not to report a washout. The ethical side of it is another matter, I am not addressing that topic. You can also find out what your PRIA record looks like using Freedom of Information Act if you do not know, or just call the airline.
Cubdriver, I have seen your posts advocating reporting washout of training as a reportable PRIA. I do appreciate the honesty aspect of what you are advising, but PRIA is required for people who worked as pilots for a 121 carrier. A new hire excusing himself from training due to poor scan, as this poster has indicated, may not count anything towards PRIA.

Advocating covering things up would be inexcusable and ill advised, but I think some clarification may be needed concerning the exact applications of PRIA.

I sure hope this guy doesn't have to report something that is not required to be reported. Lets see if any more information can be brought forward concerning PRIA. I may give AOPA a call and post next day or so.