View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 04:40 AM
Toddnel
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: EWR 777 FO

Originally Posted by HotPot View Post
I don't think we should drag every LCAL pilot into this. I hold LCAL MEC and JPierce responsible. However, I am proud of the current MEC position to let our brothers have the few bucks and move onto the next battle. We have way too many battles to fight together. If an LCAL pilot is angry about the SLI or a LUAL pilot is angry about the profit sharing then we all lose. I am glad we took this to the highest level of grievance. We won the battle but lost the war. Lets together focus on the next contract. As a LUAL pilot I have seen what management can do to take away a good contract (contract 2000).
Truer words were never spoken. We can let hard feelings over ISL or this grievance divide us or we can move on. If we move forward divided, we all lose.

I am impressed that the MEC moved forward as it did. I think today's actions took a lot of wind out of the sails of the blow hards who preach division and lack of representation in the union house. Today the MEC acted as one and they deserve credit as they will be chastised by a group of unhappy constituents.