View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 09:38 AM
GauleyPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: BE-20, RA390

Originally Posted by maddogmax View Post
I am going to retire early from my 121 job and would like to switch to the corporate world in the RDU area. For you long time corporate guys is this a feasible idea or just wishful thinking. The only corporate type I have is in the basic citation but have not flown that for 20+ years. Any helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated.

If you have a CE500 type, then you are good to fly the every verson of Citation I,II,V, Ultra and Encore. You would only need recurrent, possibly differences. It is feasible, especially if you have some contacts. You could start out by being a day-hire SIC. The big problem you could encounter doing this is lack of recency in type, which would come from the insurance companies. However, if you were named on someone's policy, you may get to do SIC work without going to school. A lot of airplanes have only one crew, so a part-time back-up can be a good thing. Unfortunately, I have no contacts in RDU. You may want to stop by Southern Jet, one of the FBOs at RDU and pick a few brains.