View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 09:14 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
Beyond that, not a single person on this board is qualified to speculate on intent, motive, or responsible parties since there is literally zero information from what happened during the flight. I would prefer we all stick to the facts because the "tin-foil hat" people are making this counter-productive.
I'm as "qualified" as anyone to ponder certain terror-related issues, based on recent military assignments.

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
For those that think Pakistan or Iran is responsible, wouldn't it just make more sense for a national actor to just buy an old widebody (i.e. DC-10) to turn into a bomb rather than going through an elaborate hijacking?
Pakistan wouldn't do it, certain Pak elements might like to.

As for Iran...I wouldn't absolutely put anything past them.

Also no state actor would take any significant risk of getting caught up in something like this, even peripherally...that's how Regime Change happens. Not saying for sure they wouldn't do it, but the risk would be very carefully considered.

For that reason if a state was involved, it would be through multiple cutouts and at arms-length (to say the least). So if it was state-instigated or sponsored it would still be made to look like non-state actors were responsible.