View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 09:32 AM
CBreezy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I'm as "qualified" as anyone to ponder certain terror-related issues, based on recent military assignments.

Pakistan wouldn't do it, certain Pak elements might like to.

As for Iran...I wouldn't absolutely put anything past them.

Also no state actor would take any significant risk of getting caught up in something like this, even peripherally...that's how Regime Change happens. Not saying for sure they wouldn't do it, but the risk would be very carefully considered.

For that reason if a state was involved, it would be through multiple cutouts and at arms-length (to say the least). So if it was state-instigated or sponsored it would still be made to look like non-state actors were responsible.
My former military assignments and graduate degree also allow me to speculate on certain aspects of terrorism. On this issue, without any data, unless there is active intel (which one could argue would be classified and unable to be shared here), no one can do anything other than speculate. Even the most qualified pilots, diplomats, military experts don't have enough data from which to draw intelligent and informed conclusions.

I certainly can appreciate intelligent discussion on this subject but many are making accusations and turning theories into hard facts. I'm sure if we made a lettered list confirmed information without speculation, we'd run out of facts far sooner than running out of letters.