View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 09:00 PM
Taped2Seat
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: Mostly Economy

Sorry to see this situation get the best of folks - to a large degree this is understandable - the scenario is a difficult one at best, and most theories short of Giorgio announcing aliens are failing to explain the inconclusive (and potentially) incorrect data/explanations we are receiving. Until a final conclusion is drawn, there will only be more- and less-likely explanations.

I am newbie and a flyer too, except I mostly don't control my fate - I am just a passenger. You have done an excellent job at delivering me or my packages to the right place, or kept my home safe - for that I thank you and my family and I will be always grateful.

But post-9/11, I came to understand there is something I can control - my reading onboard situations, taking note of important cues, and taking appropriate responses that can protect me or my fellow passengers. That's why I joined this board, to learn from you gentlemen and also to ask questions that, at times, may appear too simplistic. Some of these questions have to be asked because after 9/11 your fate and my fate as a passenger became more intertwined than before.

If I had been in MH370, unless I had traveled that leg often, I wouldn't know the difference between flying N or W, whether a sharp turn was warranted, or whether I was flying at FL300 or FL400 unless the crew informs me. Add 2am in a BFE time zone. It would be very easy for a pilot to take a plane somewhere else, to simulate a situation in the cabin and decompress, to take me FL high or low. That's scares me. Need to learn how to read these things so I can proactively help those who can be helped.