Thread: Alpa Fdx
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by MD11HOG View Post
I think I missed something in Union 101. My loss of confidence is staggering.
Again--down the road...this sentiment could be as detrimental to our long term success as the NPRM could be. It is EXACTLY why we need our union leadership...while we use a REPUBLIC model...to make sure DEMOCRATIC principals are demonstrated.

Old guys--this loss of confidence affects you too. If you want someone who isn't going to sell you out for 20 pieces of silver the day you retire, we need to find a way if this passes to keep everyone onboard. The "get used to it...senioirity rules...shut your yap we know what's best for you..." type vibe will destroy the union. It's hard enough to make things work with 97% membership and a (general) consensus. I honestly believe this has more potential to damage the union than even a strike vote. Whatever side "wins" (and I've often said its a zero sum game) better find a way to extend the olive branch to the other side--pronto...or we are heading towards a real division. The FOs on the property won't just "get used to it..." or "forget about it..." after a week. Don't believe me? How many guys have heard a pre-88 FedEx guy say "I still haven't gotten back my original seniority yet..."

Its going to take some serious work on all sides to hang together. I haven't seen ANYTHING from the side with the large lead in the 3rd quarter yet that indicates they will be gracious winners.