View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 04:36 PM
Sink r8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by JJ21 View Post
If the other a/c was still climbing out & Malaysia a/c spotted him he could catch up...the reality of it is if this was a planned a/c take over then they would have researched the standard flight paths for every airline flying out of Malaysia airports by just watching flight aware and other sites each night for a certain amount of time. runway/which sid changes...the Jet routes are usually pretty standard. That time of night there would be limited t/o delays so the timing could be more accurate then say during the day time.
The more I think about it, the less I buy it. The odds of getting to take-off behind a "target" departure from your home airport, after you've been timing their push, and your push, for days... not that great. The odds of going out a certain distance the wrong way, and joining up with a specific but uncooperative someone in the dark, without some tell-tale holding, especially without TCAS ON over a given point of space at a specific time... not that great, IMO. Even with holding, and somehow I heard my intended "target" coming, and saw them coming, I think I would muck it up pretty good.

I think the chances are just as good that would accidentally join up on Maverick and Goose a freighter flying rubber dog-sH$+ out of Hong-Kong, straight to Diego Garcia.

Or over Macho Grande. They might even end up doing something no aviator has done before, and be the first to get over Macho Grande.

I tend to consider this myth busted.