View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 10:06 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Unhappy

Originally Posted by 32LTangoTen View Post
Schedules leave a lot to be desired. Those that are itching to come here can accept that your fate of waiting for a call back for an interview or job offer is just a blessing. ie Gvinflt. Go with the phrase, "Everything happens for a reason" and you'll accept it. I'm now looking for new employment. I don't think managements comments to my face of "working on it" and "fixing the staffing and schedule flaws" were sincere a month ago or two months ago.

Pay doesn't bring me happiness. Being realistic with schedule and duty expectations does though. A computer is running this company and is ruining a lot of good things it used to have. Company likes the computer cus it's easier and might save money. But no care has been given to the lifestyle affects of it's people. Time off with family and little ones does make me happy and having a schedule like I was promised on the phone interview and formal interview.
Wow,

Some of my friends there had expressed their serious concerns about Astro to EAS management and were told that Astro was going to be kept on a tight leash and not "optimized" constantly, thus avoiding Avantair's mistake of abusing its crews and alienating its customers. Astro's website mentions nothing about human factors because it doesn't take them into account whatsoever. And if you look at Astro's programmers, you can see that these aren't touchy-feely human factors types, they are the same types that wanted to have our space capsules with no portholes and no autonomy. Astro would work great if it was Skynet from Terminator and was just controlling drones instead of those pesky humans. Hopefully you guys can get Astro under control before it wreaks havoc there. DayJet, Avantair,... Yeah, Astro is great..

Good luck and fly safe..