Old 03-22-2014, 04:15 PM
Timbo
Runs with scissors

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Going to hell in a bucket, but enjoying the ride .

Originally Posted by kb8018 View Post
I know I'm pretty new around here, but this sort of ignorance annoys me....

"That's a lot to ask, even of a trained pilot. And the stress is evident. During the Vietnam War, Hubbard said, researchers attached sensors to pilots' bodies to see when they experienced the most anxiety during night missions over North Vietnam.
The highest readings were not when the pilots braved ground-to-air missiles or flew in areas patrolled by enemy aircraft. The greatest stress was when the pilots came home and tried to snag that cable."

We learn this in flight school, and here are the facts to back it up. That should probably sufficiently answer your question.

Blizzard in O'Hare < Dodging SAMs in Vietnam < Landing on the boat at night
A bit thinned skinned are we? All that proves is your heart rate is up. As my kids say, No Duh?

The topic here is age vs. experience so what the fark has landing on a boat got to do with having any experience operating in a 121 environment, in all weather, all the time?

Psyco - Lighten up Francis - YouTube

As I said earlier, I was just repeating what my sim partner, an F14 guy, told me, he admitted he was "Lost" when it came to Airline ops. but he was a quick learner, as are most fighter guys, and most have a pretty good sense of humor about the transition.

Last edited by Timbo; 03-22-2014 at 04:28 PM.