View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 01:23 AM
SyGunson
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2014

My first post on this forum and I have only read up to page 48, so please excuse me if this has been posted earlier, anyhow chocks away...

Has anybody canvased the idea of what happened to Egyptair Flight 667 in 2011 had also happened to MH370 at 35,000ft?

An electrical fire (ie arcing) in the avionics bay occurred at the gate on Flight 667. This burned through an oxygen feed line beside the co-pilot's position.

Given the fact that MH370 last turned 40 degrees west at IGARI before the transponder feed disappeared (in a radar black spot area) is it not reasonable to assume the aircraft continued nearer the coast of Vietnam?

Oil rig worker Mike McKay sighted an aircraft to the west of his position in flames for 10-15 seconds before the fire went out.

What if pilots had already turned back due to an electrical fault and took a heading for Djakarta or Singapore and whilst dealing with electrical failure were suddenly confronted by fire in the cockpit?

Such a fire could have melted the fuselage skin like a blow torch and evacuated the pilot's emergency oxygen in seconds. This is like a cascading failure where pilots were pre-occuppied with one failure followed by a different type of failure.

Any thoughts please?