Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 11:46 AM
brn2fly1
Fly it like you stole it!

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: 767 Captain

Currently junior captain on both fleets have a hire date of 5/2008. The first four of the 12 upgrades where filled thru standing bids. The last eight were put out for bid. The junior captain on the 767 will change to a hire date of 6/2008 from the first four. IMHO the junior captain date will change to Sept/Oct of 2009 on the 767 from the last eight. Now this depends on how many of the senior FOs decide to bid upgrade. IMHO most of these captain upgrades will go to previous captains that were downgraded when we parked the DC10. Currently there is no training contract/bond. The junior captains will be going to the Madrid TDY if we continue to have it. The rumor is we have it to Aug/Sept this year with an option to extend it. I know we have already picked up several trips due to the issues with World and NAA.

I was told there was around 15 folks in the pool and that we will be interviewing by the end of April to fill the pool again. I have also here rumblings of more growth this year which is a change from the last few years.

We have no pilots on furlough. There are 44 PFEs on furlough. They have around 6/7 years to come backnfrom when they were furlough in the spring of 2012. I only know of one so far that fas tried to come back and they failed training. They were advised to go to a commuter for a few years before they come back.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by brn2fly1; 04-04-2014 at 12:29 PM.