View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 05:46 AM
Flyboyxc91
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Captain CL-65

Hello there! I was in the same boat as you only two years ago... It was the summer after my freshman (and then I did it the next summer of sophomore year) of college where I was in seattle doing an internship for Boeing! I went to BFI almost everyday after work and flew with Alternate Air... It was a great experience and I never had a problem with an airplane other than maybe encountering one of the planes down for maintenance and I just took another one. I flew about 66 hours and got my PPL after completing my checkride over at Tacoma Narrows... I recommend them because I am a prime example of the fact it can be done in less than $6,000 because I certainly did it! Now I am graduating college debt free and will be getting my instrument and commercial back home (I live in NC) starting in August with ATP... They just put an operation in Seattle, look into that if your interested because it is a reputable fast track program although it is expensive you get a lot of different accompaniments such as higher multi time etc.. but to keep it cheap for right now highly suggest an independent CFI for the highly motivated individual. Good Luck and PM me if you have further questions about my experience up there at BFI etc.