View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 05:02 PM
mournlight
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2014

I hope some of the patient experts will indulge new questions since it is looking as though they may have at least identified the right area to find the plane. First - who owns the "Black Box"? Or does it matter? Will whoever has the ability to recover it get to examine it? It seems like Australia is still in the lead - is that because it is in their waters? Does that mean they get first dibs? I hope that Australia or the U.S. gets to examine it first because I have the most confidence that they will release accurate details eventually. And what about the aircraft itself? Does it go where the box goes? Also, I know you all aren't required to be experts on deep water recovery, but I would still like to ask this: Isn't it going to take MONTHS to recover a plane from even the shallowest depth of where they are looking? Where is a good place to read about the Air France recovery for comparison? Am I right in surmising that only a handful of countries in the world have the ability to do such recoveries? And finally, a purely subjective question that is based on the few English news accounts I can find from China. Can anyone shed light on why the Chinese appear to be so reluctant to believe their citizens are dead and why they appear to not believe what anyone says? Yes, I know I'm showing my ignorance here, but I have never been there and don't know anyone from there. Obviously, your opinion is going to be a lot more valid than anyone I know to ask. I'm trying to understand if it is just a result of living in such a closed, controlled culture where you're fed a bull**** diet on a daily basis. It's interesting to read their reactions to all of this. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mournlight; 04-11-2014 at 05:04 PM. Reason: add paragraph breaks