Old 04-17-2014, 02:01 PM
FLowpayFO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010

Attended the LAX Roadshow.

Very professional and nice group of people. They had a 1.5 hr presentation on what they can offer and had a one presenter talking through a slide show, and three people (2 HR, 1 line pilot) taking questions afterwards.

It's evident the company is trying to move forward and demonstrate huge ambitions in competing with the ME3. An example is they state they are a 4 star airline, soon to become a 5 star airline. So with this in mind I feel they are trying to attract good applicants that want to stick around for the long term.

This is not a contract, this is a permanent position that gets you on the seniority list and you will become a member of the union. Once you get on a wide body it becomes a commutable roster if you wish, meaning enough days off in between pairings to fly home. (Two ID90's per month with options to sit in Flight Attendant jumpseats as a last resort, thats gonna hurt from the states though, haha)

For FAA and ICAO guys, you will receive a validation on your license. This makes me question if you will have to do a EASA conversion eventually down the road. Either way, if you are making good money, enjoy the job, I suppose this would be a minor hurdle in the grand scheme.

Non-Type Rated guys will get a bond, though not official, it was looking to be around €20,000 over 3 year period deducted monthly.

Invited to attend assessment in Istanbul.