Old 04-30-2014, 05:51 AM
MaxKts
Part Time Employee

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Dispersing Green House Gasses on a Global Basis

Originally Posted by JamesAA View Post
Specifically I was wondering about the pilots that depart KOAK after midnight, flying 757s, A300, DC10s and MD11s to the major west coast cities: LAX, ONT, PDX, SEA, PHX, LAS, SAN, etc.

I have come to learn that these planes are carrying cargo which came from Asia and uses OAK as its west coast hub.

I was curious to know about the life of the pilots jumping out of OAK after midnight. (No reason other than just a fascination for the industry).

1) Would a pilot flying from OAK to PHX usually be on that route most nights, or do they fly some place different most nights?

2) Does their work day start in OAK with their first flight to one of the west coast cities? For example to the crew flying from OAK to LAX and a DC10. After they arrive in LAX, what happens next. Such a short hop from OAK to LAX, I was curious as to what happens next. Sit in LAX for a couple hours then return to OAK? That would be a dream job lol!

I'd love any comments regarding the operations.

Thanks!

James

James, you may just be someone very curious about our operations but no one knows who you really are. As benign as your questions seem, the answers may allow someone with ill intent to build a very good profile of our operations!

My suggestion is to find someone that can answer your questions, meet them in person and when they know you are just a curious individual, they will answer your questions.

I also suggest that everyone else stop answering questions like this on an open forum where anyone can see them!