Old 04-30-2014, 06:35 AM
JamesAA
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2013

Originally Posted by MaxKts View Post
As benign as your questions seem, the answers may allow someone with ill intent to build a very good profile of our operations!
How could the knowledge that a pilot's typical work day (such as, for example:OAK to LAX, sit for 2 hours then fly back to OAK) possibly be used against anyone or any entity in some ill manner? I don't see it. Sorry. It's not like this is CIA info I'm tapping. This is so general. I'm not asking for FDX pilot's names, SSNs, addresses, spouse and kids names, ...lol. I'm asking REALLY REALLY general questions. Just wanted some idea of what the night ops out of OAK were like. I think people here can divulge that info without worrying about some psycho reading it and somehow gaining new found knowledge which s/he can in turn use against FDX (or an individual). How could that even happen? I can see how exercising caution with regards to answering some questions posed in forums would be prudent. I just don't see the need for that type of caution or prudence with my questions.

My suggestion is to find someone that can answer your questions, meet them in person and when they know you are just a curious individual, they will answer your questions.
Obv if I knew someone in the industry I would ask them. I really don't see the big fuss about asking a question which is common information. Are pilots not allowed to say what routes they fly? LOL, I guess I'm naive because I had no idea this was so hush hush.

Last edited by JamesAA; 04-30-2014 at 06:58 AM.