View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Diver Driver
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Tiki bar

It may be that way if it is an initial multi commercial cert, but I did mine as an add-on. Ill have to do some research on that but the FAA had no problem with me claiming 7 hours ME on my 8710-1 right before the checkride.

EDIT: ok, did some research, looks like if you already have a commercial SE cert and want to get a Multi add-on, the add-on falls under FAR 61.63 (C):

(c) Additional class rating. Any person who applies for an additional class rating to be added on a pilot certificate:

(1) Must have an endorsement in his or her logbook or training record from an authorized instructor and that endorsement must attest that the applicant has been found competent in the aeronautical knowledge areas appropriate to the pilot certificate for the aircraft class rating sought;

(2) Must have an endorsement in his or her logbook or training record from an authorized instructor, and that endorsement must attest that the applicant has been found proficient in the areas of operation appropriate to the pilot certificate for the aircraft class rating sought;

(3) Must pass the required practical test that is appropriate to the pilot certificate for the aircraft class rating sought;

(4) Need not meet the specified training time requirements prescribed by this part that apply to the pilot certificate for the aircraft class rating sought unless the person holds a lighter-than-air category rating with a balloon class rating and is seeking an airship class rating and

(5) Need not take an additional knowledge test, provided the applicant holds an airplane, rotorcraft, powered-lift, or airship rating at that pilot certificate level.

So no minimum hour requirements UNLESS you get your Commercial MEL as the Initial commercial, not as the add-on, only then would the 10 hour rule apply.

Last edited by Diver Driver; 05-10-2007 at 06:56 PM. Reason: More research