View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 06:18 PM
Hawker Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: Toilet warmer.

Orals are typical. No one can know it all. Emergency memory items are big tho....

Do yourself a favor & see if changing the flight director cue command bars from ^ to [-] helps you during your high altitude air work. A decade ago, I was having problems holding altitude during steep turns until I discovered, by accident, that changing the cue & placing a corner of the small square touching the bottom of the 5 degree up line during the turns, kept me within 10 feet every time.

Unlike a recurrent, there is not nearly as much flexibility to continue a checkride if standards are not met. Just a fact. Yeah, you are their customer but they won't give it away either. A recurring problem for many is a lack of familiarity with the FMS. Not having it sequence correctly on a missed gets loads of applicants busted when they follow bars that say "Go right, when you should be turning left.

Another issue is messing with fuel cross feed / transfer in the terminal area. No rule says you have to mess with it at all when you are minutes from landing anyway.

They also love trying to clear you for approaches when you are not ready. It takes maturity to tell them what you want from them & not the other way around. Take delay vectors or remain in a hold until you are ready.

Yeah, you have rudder bias to help you during your V1 cut. But, hold off rotating at VR after you are commited to go. Useing the available runway & extra speed on climb out will help you tremendously with heading & climb performance. The allowable parameter is V2 +10 anyway.

Good luck!

HD