Thread: UPS Hiring FQS
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 09:27 AM
Sideshow Bob
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: MD11 CPT

Originally Posted by jkhill0 View Post
Oh yea, now I remember that from my first class in av management. Very restrictive and hard to justify a strike.

On the surface it seems simple enough, the use of the FQS, but since they lack credibility it seems such a position is only being used to undermine the power of the IPA (even if they did agree to it) and therefore the QOL of the line pilots as a whole.

You know, an idea is a dangerous thing, and if the internal support is there to make the vote happen. Batten down the hatches and get ready to go to war, so to speak.

When is the next round of contract negotiations supposed to start?
We've been in negotiations for over two years. The RLA is antiquated, and favors the company. If you get bored, research it's beginnings and scope and it will become glaringly apparent. The RLA is especially crippling in the dynamic between a Goliath like UPS, with massive longstanding relationships on K Street in DC and virtually unlimited resources against an independent in-house union. That being said we hold our own due to our unrivaled unity ironically solidified by UPS' management style. UPS is a "funny" bunch...I've lost count how often they've stepped over dollars to pick up dimes.