Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 04:09 PM
Jeff Spicoli
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Originally Posted by CEFO View Post
Happy you moved on and that you are enjoying the new gig, especially seeing as this wasn't the place for you. Don't take what i said as an attack on you but more defending the co-workers that i enjoy working with. Where I take issue with is that most people who work at a place they don't like, tell their peers not to go to said company over a beer at the bar or a phone call/text message, not on a public forum. By doing this you hurt the chances of those who want to move on (Like those 15 guys who recommended you for upgrade, the people you helped get hired and the people you call friends) at some point by presenting the extreme specifics of your case as common practice. Move on professionally and gracefully. You're case is not the norm, not the first but not the norm.
Well consider it another downside of the merit based upgrade system. One that quite a few captains at XOJET should consider. I'm sure you have heard that aviation is a small world? That your copilot may be on the other side of the interview table? Message boards are all part of this. There are those who will never move on from XOJET to another company because of [email protected] but hey I had nothing to do with that.

Do unto others and all. I'm telling the truth. Buyer beware. Someone asked about FOs leaving en mass and I gave my very truthful opinion based on my experience. If it hurts someone's chances of getting hired all one must do is treat others respectfully going forward. Not attacking someone speaking out about the truth. If you are treating coworkers poorly or not helping them move on or intentionally hurting someones career then don't expect to get helped in the future. AKA the world is what you make of it.

For the record I left XOJET September 27th and was in class for the Falcon October 7th. Because I had taken the time to help and mentor others. Not treat people poorly to get ahead.

I don't know you and I'm not saying you have participated in anything like this. Again, I'm speaking out in order to help others that have many options where to hang their hat - other than responses asking me questions. I'm not trying to address anyone already on the property of XOJET.

Last edited by Jeff Spicoli; 05-24-2014 at 04:24 PM.