Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 04:46 PM
TripleLindy
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2014
Position: CE-750

Spicoli,

I know you. We've met but never flown together. I understand how you must feel about YOUR experiences. But, what you claim as "truth" are exaggeration at best.... And likely your opinion. You are totally entitled to it...just remember what "they" say about opinions.

Let's be straight. There has been good times and bad at XO. There has been times when the morale was rock bottom. Find a job or company where this has never been the case. Arguably, things have progressed on many fronts in the last 18 mos, even since you left. Now, don't interpret this as a dig against you but things have changed for the better since you've left....partially because you left.
You (in part) created a vacancy that has made some new Captains and new hires. So on their behalf, thank you.

At the extreme risk of sounding existential...I believe that much of what makes us (people, pilots...whoever) successful is much the same thing that dictates a safe flight. Attitude and approach: it's true that you can walk away from a flight that had poor attitude control and botched the approach, but it ain't usually pretty. I'm sure you'd agree that the longevity of our lives and careers depend on how well we exercise good judgment, keep the dirty side down and don't go all "cowboy".
Spicoli, as a casual observer...one who specifically registered today to address you due to the one-dimensional nature of your rant...I would like to say that you should consider your attitude and approach.

Spicoli, of course in a pilot group of any decent size there are gonna be a turd bucket or two...hell...let's say 5-10 percent.
They are not all A-Captains...I'm pretty sure of that.

Many folks, even a bunch you worked with here at XO...served this nation and in some way helped defend the rights that you so clearly enjoy. You are entitled to write everything you did. As am I.

To the followers of this thread, at large:

Where there is smoke there is fire. Some individuals do not possess the interpersonal skills to operate smoothly in society, let alone a cockpit. As I mentioned earlier, I never flew with Spicoli. But as I write this I'm trying to think of one good thing, I've heard...

I hear he rips on Mountain Bikes.

That's it, I think.

Spicoli, I'm happy you are happy at your new gig. If you're happy, I'm happy...we all are bit happier. But please if you are going to go on a loooong rant, please be a bit more cognizant of truth v. opinion and a shooting for a socially acceptable level of reality.

XOJET is not perfect. It's not as bad as Spicoli opines. It's a job, it scratches an itch and it is what you make of it. For some it is a stepping stone, for others, the last stop. We'd like to keep the joint free of bad attitudes and miserable approaches, with our jets and the ones who crew them.