Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 06:50 PM
clear4approach
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

I'm an XOJet employee too. I never have flown with you Spicoli.
First off, I'm glad you found a job you're happy at. Isn't that what we all want?
I can only speak to my own experiences:
I have never ever once been forced to do something I have found unsafe. For the record I HAVE spoken up and voiced that I felt something was not safe, and have realized ZERO repercussions from speaking up. I was tactful and professional about it: "I'm not exactly sure that's in the best interests of safety, given XYZ, is there an alternative that we can do?" In my career I have known people who have been less than professional when asked to do something that they feel is unsafe: "That's bullsh*t, I'm not f*ckin' doing it" That kind of attitude usually doesn't help your cause. Also, let's be honest, being asked to do a repo at the end of a red-eye isn't AUTOMATICALLY a "f*ck you that's unsafe" request. Maybe you and the other pilot are feeling good and can do a short repo. We're professionals. We need to evaluate all the pertinent info and make a rational decision. If your not good to go, a simple "ya know, I'm up all night, I'm struggling to stay alert, I don't think it's the safest thing right now" would do.
As far as being worked to death, the FAA duty and rest time limits observed, the company can fly you and have you on duty as much or as little as they want as long as it complies with regs. That's what they hire us for... to fly. They don't owe us days off on the road. Some people love jobs where they work and fly as little as possible. If that's you, then this job isn't for you. Personally, I like to be kept busy, because FOR ME, it makes the time go by quicker until my days off.
As far as problems with credit cards go, I can only say I've never had a problem. Ever. Sure there have been a few un-cancelled hotels, so I just send them back to the "chargeback" email and have never had to shell out 1 unreimbursed penny for the company. Ever.
As for the other charges that you have levied, Spicoli, I can only speak to my experiences, but they are drastically different than yours.
I HAVE bailed on the "pack dinners" in VNY before, and I HAVE been in a slam-click mood at times. We all have. I doubt anyone spoke negatively of me (and even if they did, I couldn't care less). I have flown with captains and FO's that I wouldn't necessarily like to hang out with outside of work, but I try to be agreeable and friendly. There's a saying "you've got to go along, to get along" I've never found anyone to be vengeful, or all high and mighty.
I feel Spicoli, like your experience at XOJet, may be partially the result of the attitude you bring to the table. If you're always looking for problems, always have a chip on your shoulder, and have unrealistic expectations about the job, then problems, confrontation and misery you will find. Again, I'm glad you found a job that better suits you. I'd rather work with people who want to be here, or at least can enjoy their time here until they move on.
Is everything sunshine and rainbows at XOJet? No way. The pay could be better, the days off could be better, they could be less "corporate" and more personal. The list goes on, but at the same time it's not a horrible place to work. I should know, I HAVE worked for a bottom of the barrel 135 operator before, and XOJet is leaps and bounds above them.
Spicoli, the hyperbole, exaggeration and 1/2 truths that you use to speak if your experiences here, lead me to believe that it's more YOU than XOJet that's the problem, and I'm calling you out for that. Why can't you just move on? Why are you STILL talkin' about this place? Want people to know your "truth" about XOJet? Save it for someone who asks you in person. To me, it's reminiscent of a guy that breaks up with a girl, and can't stop talking about her months later and spreads "so and so is a *****" rumors all throughout school. Grow up, move on, and enjoy your new job. We're all happy for you and happy you left.