View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 08:44 AM
kalyx522
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Student Pilot
Default Colgan or Trans States

Thanks guys for the response to my "Big Sky or Colgan" thread a little while back. I chose Colgan. While it's far from my dream company (I don't even know if I have a dream company within the regionals), I thought maybe it will work out after all and I could actually stay in this company till I upgrade instead of the lateral moves that I would have inevitably made had I gone with Piedmont or Comair which were initially my top choices. (And if you're wondering why I would've had to make lateral moves, it's cuz upgrade at both companies are super long.)

Now I have another choice, Trans States. Again, this is kind of a toughie cuz neither is hugely better than the other. If I went with Colgan I would probably stay long enough to upgrade. Of course I might end up hating the company but if the upgrade is 1.5-2 years, then I would really try to stay instead of making a lateral move and prolonging the process of getting that turbine PIC. If I went with Trans States I would probably stay just a few months (if that) and then go grab that sign-on bonus at RAH afterwards.

I've read many threads here on Trans States but never in relation to Colgan. what do yall think.