View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 05:14 PM
madeinUSA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by NERD View Post
Are you really comparing NWA and Western to Endeavor? You can't possibly be that delusional. If you have had your turn at the ssp and failed I understand why. NWA and Western were career airlines. You know and everyone else does too, that the regionals are stepping stones. Always have been. Most get out, some can't and a very few choose not too. Do you really think a new hire at NWA was at the same level professionally as a new hire at XJ or 9E? I can't speak for the Western pilots, but with the exception of the shrink(we had a sim), the NWA pilots were only hired after fairly vigorous testing (both psychological and knowledge based testing) very comparable to Delta's current testing. A regional job is an entry level pt 121 job, and in most cases the first airline job. The only difference is today instead of a 19-34 seat planes that most of us flew, y'all are flying one's with 76 seats.
We don't fly NDB approaches into municipal airports anymore. We fly JFK-ORD, DTW-DFW, SLC-LAX just to name a few. When I was working at Mesaba we got a call from scheduling to pick up passengers that were on a diverted DAL flight because they were not equipped to shoot a Cat II. So we did, in freezing fog down to minimums. I've covered over 4,000 miles and 5 time zones at my "regional". But yes you are correct, this is an entry level job and things are finally moving in the right direction. I graduated cum laude with a 4 year degree, over 6,000 hrs of multi-turbine time flying in and out of the worlds busiest airports in the same weather and on the same routes as every major airline in the US but since I didn't go through DAL's, AA's, or UAL's vigorous testing I don't match up to mainline pilots? And you based this on how many seats?? what is the difference? A B-717 or a E-190? And now Endeavor is going to test a flight instructor or another regional pilot and give him/her the green light for Delta over all the other qualified and experienced pilots already on property. All because they passed a vigorous test? Isn't a 4 year degree, private, commercial, multi-engine, CFI, CFII, MEI, ground instuctor, ATP, 1000 hrs instruction experience, 2000 hrs 121 turbine PIC, 3,000 SIC and a clean 9 year work history with every PC and Line check satisfactory completed enough? At my regional I had to to a sim, panel, and knowledge test, but I didn't get offered a flow to a major. Oh wait I did but they took that back.