View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 09:06 PM
bedrock
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: ERJ, CA

Originally Posted by skypilot35 View Post
You are precisely correct: dwindling of cheap pilots. I think there are plenty of pilots who would love to come to work for a wage commensurate with their responsibility. The "glory" of this job alone will leave you hungry. The pilots who have been slogging it out at a regional for a year or two have figured that out.

Secondly, I don't believe there will be too many congressmen willing to face the Colgan 3407 families and tell them they are reducing the ATP requirements because they are inconvenient. I think the new law will be with us for quite some time. My .02
Well the new tactic of the RAA seems to be that the Colgan crash was a one-off thing that was a problem with their training dept. only. Bedford's line is "we would rather park airplanes than hire unqualified pilots. Also the RAA is not rejecting the rest requirements, they know that is a losing battle. I think, they will lobby for govt. financing of flight education, work a deal with all ATP's and dangle more flimsy flow-throughs. None of those tings will get the attention of the 3407 families. The loss of EAS service to communities WILL get the attention of the various congress members as this part of the pork-barrel. A lot of these places don't need EAS, but the esteemed senatah doesn't want to drive 3 hours to get home.