Thread: "Other" Time
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 05:37 PM
flygirl135
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Left seat

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
Obviously this is a personal choice. If extra busy work is just your thing, than have at it. However, if you're done or close to being done with the military flying, you probably have more productive ways to prep for the airlines, IMO. How hard is it to take your sortie count and multiply it by the amount the airline requests? Once you figure out the PIC total (most airlines use signing for the a/c these days), there's not much more to it. If an airline gives you some specific instructions on presenting your flight time, I'd try to follow them.

So, at the interview:
"Ms. Smith, did you apply the .3 military conversion to each sortie IAW with our application instructions?"
"No, I decided to use .2 per sortie"
"Oh...... do you usually have difficulty following such specific instructions?"
And away we go...............

So, you show up with two different printout of basically the same information (that took you 2-3 years to compile into an e-logbook)?
If I was the interviewer, I'd give you a ding for headwork. What exactly are they going to "verify" that's not already documented in the USAF's official flight record?
Well, let's see... I logged each sortie WITH the .2 added well before I applied to a major airline. My military flight records do not reflect taxi time. As it's not proper to simply multiply total time by whichever factor you use, I e-logged with the conversion and provided originals to back it up. Thanks for the attitude, but this is the proper way to do it. United thanked me for doing it that way, so I'm pretty sure they didn't give me a "ding for headwork". It's no different than transferring an old paper logbook into e-format... You are still required to bring the originals...