View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 05:32 PM
Mason32
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Reclined

Originally Posted by Braniff View Post
WOW you guys bash PSA left and right, they did not take ANYONE'S flying whatsoever! You want to throw "scab" and bags of garbage at people, do it to the ones that HAVE taken flying away. Go look at GOJET's planes with the CA letters at the end of their tail number....hmmm looks like they took flying away from someone! Caused someone to be furloughed. Take a look at Republic that everyone is clapping for for voting down a contract that couldn't even match PSA's. I believe they are flying new 175's on envoy's routes......hmmm looks like they took flying away from someone! Caused someone to have a lower quality of life at envoy. How about the almighty Skywest that everyone thinks so highly of...DID YOU KNOW that when they entered into an agreement with US Airways to fly 200's in Pheonix, TO REPLACE MESA, that the reason they got the contract was because they agreed to operate the 200 for a loss. Better to lose a little money than a lot sitting in the desert. hmmm me thinks pilots were furloughed from MESA from that deal......OH OH this is my favorite...how about Skywest flying the CRJ200 with American Eagle stamped on their plane while Envoy's frame count drops......hmmm me thinks this caused some hardship at the REAL EAGLE. Now here we have good ole compass, "we just signed for enhancements to our contract" looks like they just took Envoy's 175's right from their hands, I bet it's going to cause some more pain to be suffered by the pilots of Envoy. What does that say for those companies AND the pilots that choose to work for them for that "quick" upgrade.

These companies have actually stolen flying from you, PSA has done no such thing. Those 900's were never destined for Envoy, they were to receive the 175's that Compass just stole away with their "enhancements."

Give PSA a break we did what we had to do to keep you "scabs" from taking our flying AGAIN with your "enhancements" We tried it your way once, voted down 40 900's back in 2007/08 to protect our career. What did it get us....furloughs...stagnation...families suffered, while they magically turned into 175's for Republic. You all seem to forget that, they then came to us again with 4 900's...we voted that down too. What did it do to help the industry...it helped Republic pilots upgrade faster! What were we supposed to do this time, hope that you would finally grow a pair and stand your ground? You never did before so, for good reason, we didn't trust our "brothers and sisters" at the regionals. Glad we didn't.....Mesa just picked up a great deal of new flying and compass just stole some flying from Eagle....before you start bad mouthing us, look in the mirror
That rationalization is what was/is wrong with the FFD carriers. In this stage of the industry that argument doesn't hold water. It wasn't about the planes, it was about the voluntary pay cuts outside of bankruptcy to get jets, after Eagle just refused paycuts for jets.

Compass got raises. Expressjet refused concessions. Republic refused concessions, and in fact refused what would have been among industry leading in many areas. Commutair and Silver even stood up to say enough, and ended up with significant gains.

The ALPA FFD committee is falling apart because the leaders from Mesa, PSA, PDT are refusing to follow through on creating a industry standard base pilot contract. They'd rather just try and profit over you other guys turning down planes. If you're a pilot at one of those three turncoat companies, you should be calling your union leaders demanding explanations and resignations.