Old 05-18-2007, 05:08 AM
Check 6
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 777

ProJV et all,

I have to say I agree in principle with the proff just not in the execution. Almost all carriers started off w/o unions. SWA/UPS/FDX are all the darlings but all started w/o unions. At FDX we didn't need one. Fred loved us and we loved him, kumm by ya! But then we got bigger and instead of knowing all his pilots we became a cost center... a big expensive cost center. So we got a Union, it's a simpification why we got it, but we eventually got the BIG picture.

So how do we handle JB and the rest....education, that's how. You can ride on my JS, with the Capt's permission, but I will talk to you about the industries future and your part in it. When/IF JB makes it great! But you WILL become a cost center and you WILL need protection. That's how the ball bounces.

Proff...these people need jobs, so they took the one that hired them, and yes they are helping the race to the bottom...I get it. But, they need education. In 5 yrs or so if they still don't have a union on the property they will not be invited onto my JS....But we all are at CO that at one time did not have a union.

To all the JB people. Unions are what got us the pay, retirements and the work rules I enjoy today. Yes, lots of mistakes, but the union is me and you VS. some very high powered lawyers, so we are bound too lose some. But overall we must have them or we will all be flying for WALMART AIR! Or at least the foreign pilots will, I'll be the door greeter at Home Depot.

You're welcome to JS at FDX....but expect to have a little Union talk with the coffee.