View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 10:43 AM
HIFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 777 Captain in Training

Originally Posted by 3pointlanding View Post
Gunter
It is what it is. The powers to be have hitched the wagon to IOSA, Mr. Bronzek was the IOC President. The bottom line QA has nothing to do with crew performance just operating processes. At the beginning of this thread I got the impression some felt threatend by QA when in acutality it is just another process hoisted on us and a component of SMS. My original thought was to assuage the fear It looks like I failed. But so be it. I do have one question though. If during the next Enhanced IOSA audit the auditor is assigned to your flight or your sim session, would you refuse to allow him access to the cockpit?
As soon as the checks and balances i.e. data collection being de identified etc are memorialized by a LOA to the contract like the below items you are welcome to go. It is simply not too much to ask that Management to do the right thing if they want to do something like this and approach the Union for a LOA after all we do have a Union Now. The days of changing the Flight Crew Member Handbook at will are far in the past. Nothing personal but this is the way things are done when we a Contract.

ASAP MOU and Letter (2011)
FOQA LOA (2011)
LOSA MOU (2010)