View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Spud121
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by Duksrule View Post
With that said I am planning on knocking out my ATP and 737 type for free in September using the GI bill. Would it be a good idea to add a few words on my resume saying that it was paid for by GI bill or something so that they don't think South West is the only reason I got it? Truth is I wanted to get my ATP and since it is free using the GI bill why us a light twin when I can get a type and go through an airline style training for not much more.
I got my type in a CJ 525s in Carlsbad using the GI Bill. It was a very professional 10 day course. All I really wanted was to get my ATP but I'm glad I got the experience using a Flight Director and Auto Pilot. The timing was perfect as my son was born 2 days after my check ride. I did not want to leave town and wanted to get it done prior to leaving the military. That being said I have not yet flown the airplane. If I paid for the type out of my own pocket I would have been disappointed but I am glad I received some good training instead of just getting my ATP in a twin.