View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 12:29 PM
autopirate
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: DH8D FO, CE-525 CA
Default Being contactable - Part 91

I'm considering leaving my current airline job for a full time corporate position, but I have a couple concerns I need to address first. Hopefully somebody here can help me understand what the industry standard is for being contactable while not on a trip.

This will be for a family that only uses their current aircraft about 250 hours a year and usually knows the schedule months in advance. I have been working part time with them for the last 5 years and there have only been a few pop up trips. They are taking delivery of a larger aircraft in a few months that will need a full time crew.

I was thinking about writing something up in a contract that would specify how contactable I would need to be. For example, always be able to return a call within x hours and be within y hours of the airport. I would also include language to allow for some days that are completely free from all contact (vacation days).

Is this normal or am I completely out of line thinking I can have a life away from the cell phone with this job? I'm curious how others do it.