View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 01:57 PM
RI830
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Left seat on a kite

Most guys who transition from 121 into the 91/135 corporate world have a huge culture shock. They are very used to the brake to brake responsibility theory, FA takes care of catering, cleaning the plane???, ensuring MX is scheduled and completed???, dept and equip are kept 110%???? and oh my......loading bags.

As for the phone, I'm gonna guess you want the boss to pay for this phone too. The professional thing to do is have a man to man discussion with him before hand about what is expected.
If you don't like he says...walk.
We utilize a standard of answer or call back asap 24 hrs a day. Now with that said, the boss isn't calling me at 4am to head for Vegas either.
We also utilize a min 2hrs to show time if Emer trip comes up. If we do better, then we do better....but I can't be chastised for not being there in 45 mins.
To be in a corporate gig means being tied to a phone. A properly staffed dept should also have enough people to allow for guys to alternate days off.
With only flying 250hrs a year, time off won't be your worry. You will searching for work in order to get away from home.

Enjoy the new gig and congrats on escaping the regional life.