View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 07:59 AM
NightIP
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by HeavyDriver View Post
I used to be an AAWW shareholder...I love Atlas because they made me a lot of money, but I will tell you this Atlas guys...Your living in a house of cards. Here are some of the financials, 30% of Atlas shareholders are holding it short. The CEO is starting to sell his shares, not because he needs the money...if you notice it's in small amounts...That is an old insider trader trick before the big sell off..capital reinvestment costs are are being shown as investments to the shareholders...last time I looked it was at 1.7 Billion...it's a deferred debt, but when payment is due that's going to hurt...That's just a few of the tricks that keep the books looking good for investors...And that's a monkey on the back on management that has to be keep feed, so airplanes have to move regardless of margins...And how are your negotiations going with the company?...I wish the pilot group the best on getting everything they ask for...but management has a plan and it's not reactionary in nature, so if you do get what you want in the negotiations I would be really worried about the longevity of the job...House of cards...

But what do I know I'm just a Pilot?
Maybe you're right. I have no idea. All I know is that ~50 airplanes here are very busy, there's strong diversification in the fleet, and there are consistent quarterly profits (the benefit of working for a publicly traded company is that we actually know that). I just work here beyond that. I've heard the "Atlas is a house of cards" statement from Omni guys before, usually right after "Atlas is a lateral move."

Negotiations don't open for another year and a half, so negotiations aren't going.