Thread: The List of 5
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 12:08 PM
Blue 2
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: 320, Left Seat

automatique
Well, you make it hard not to be a whiner!
First of all, there's nowhere else I want to work! However, I am actively looking. Obviously not 121.
I signed up for the higher paying job, of course! But I was about a year too late.
I expected reserve, but not for 17 months (with no end in sight). I expected a West Coast base 50% bigger, as the company projected. I expected a difference in pay, but not over 70k a year vs. a person a couple of years senior to me, in the same seat. I really don't like working 18 days a month vs. the 11 the previous poster bragged about.
I didn't expect the deals that are made outside of seniority! Values?
I hope the pilots five years in the future don't have these concerns! If things are balanced in the future, this website will just wither away.[/QUOTE]

I do not think you are a whiner. I do think you "expect" more than was offered/promised. What you hear a more senior person makes is not your problem, it's what you make vs what is in the pilot agreement. I'll bet you make what the agreement says is due you based on your hours. (I do not want to get into the pilot agreement discussion here) Look on the bright side some day, if you stay, you will be in the % seniority that the 'senior' guy is today.
I am curious as to what deals have been made outside of seniority. I'd like to see us all take action on something like that.