View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 06:37 AM
Hillbilly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013
Position: 7ERA

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
The truth Alan, and that's what used to happen years ago. The NC would never come back parroting company talking points. If I was the NC chairman I would have said: "the company is not even negotiating. They want us to accept a substandard deal that does not meet the pilot's survey and they're demanding reductions in profit sharing which the reps have specifically rejected. They're now threatening to use their Plan B against us if we don't vote yes. I recommend this company proposal gets sent out to the pilots for a vote with a NO vote recommendation from the NC and the full MEC."

That's what I would have done. That's the way it used to be done, but we never operated under the one way hallucination of "constructive engagement."

See above. You don't strike the deal. You tell the company you demand actual negotiations...not bad faith "our way or the highway" ultimatums. If there's still no movement, you send the proposal out to the pilots for them to decide.

That's bottom-up control in my view.

Carl
Have you previously received something from your MEC to vote on that had a recommendation of a "no" vote from the NC and the MEC during the course of your career?