View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 09:46 AM
DAL 88 Driver
At home on the maddog!

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ATL MD-88A

Originally Posted by hockeypilot44 View Post
I was reading out our contract history. If ALPA has financial experts, why didn't ALPA know that a bankruptcy was coming and there was nothing we could do about it? Painful reading about taking huge pay cuts, then going bankrupt and having to negotiate more cuts. To me our financial experts should have been able to tell is that the numbers din't work and bankruptcy was inevitable. I am guessing that we as a whole acted on emotion and fear of losing the pension. This was a major failure of ALPA. This was a time where we needed true leadership to keep us from acting on emotion, and I feel ALPA failed miserably. It resulted in deeper cuts than were necessary and a new lower standard for us IMHO. Relaxing the rj scope was another major failure during this time.
I agree. And then they made it even worse when Delta came out of bankruptcy and they acted like we had accepted bankruptcy level compensation as some kind of new standard with no expectation of restoration.

That even continues to this day... with Delta making literally BILLIONS in profits. Ask any of the "leadership" in DALPA if we have an objective for restoration. Crickets. They're more worried about stepping on RA's or EB's toes. UNSAT.