View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 06:07 PM
LEROY
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Bottom line is ALPA rolled over on us (the 200 or so affected) because of a conflicting stance concerning a grievance on standing bid 02-02.
I emailed the union concerning this issue and received both phone and email response to the effect of, "we don't have the negotiating power to resolve this issue with the company, and our lawyers think it's not worth pursuing."
I was ok with that description of the issue until I recieved an email saying would be paid $150 as a result of a settlement concerning grievance on 02-02.
I wasn't even on the property on bid 02-02, so why am I being compensated for a grievance on that bid? I think it's because I b!tched about the issue at hand, the Union knows it's a potential nightmare, and they're trying to buy off the folks who actually see the issue for what it is.
It seems reprehensible that the union not only caved to mgmt on this isssue, but also failed to inform the membership at large, let alone the ones directly affected, and then proceeded to offer "hush money" in the feeble amount of $150 to placate the ones that complained.
I know many people who are affected by this passover pay issue who have not made any written or spoken statements about it who HAVE NOT received a notification of pay.
I have only one conclusion to make; we got SCREWED, the ones that complained about it got $150 in "hush money", the ones that didn't complain were presumed too ignorant to know they got screwed, and were ignored.
My ignorant, "new-hire" three-year-tenure brain has searched the contract through and through, and found NO instance warranting a one-time $150 payment for anything, let alone a contentious passover pay situation.
I'm a simpleton...if it smells wrong...sounds wrong...feels wrong...IT'S WRONG. Why am I getting $150 when half the guys affected by this issue haven't yet? Methinks it because they havent complained yet. So, if you want your HUSH MONEY, you'd better complain NOW that you are P!SSED about not getting due passover pay
P.S. - I recieved a notification of pay three months ago -I have YET to see that $150 check!