View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 01:29 PM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by LEROY View Post

Every time I, or anyone I've talked to, has been awarded a different position on a subsequent bid, the original training date has been cancelled; once even only DAYS prior to beginning training. In this instance, the company DID NOT DO THAT, I think, because they needed bodies in ANC, and could afford to say, "Oops" and get away with it (see above paragraph).

While this may be the expereince of yourself and everyone you've talked to, it is not the only way the Company has ever handled it. Training dates have been honored in the past when new awards were made, and that past practice is what formed the basis of the 05-03/06-02 Grievance.

. . . on this issue, ALPA rolled over on us. They believed they had to to protect dignity in dealing w/ mgmt. What I still don't understand is, why am I entitled to receive $150? Where did that figure come from?

Good questions. I was at the Joint LEC Meeting in February where it was explained, and I didn't completely understand the money award. I'll bet you could get the answer from the Contract Enforcement folks if you were to ask nicely.

Why didn't I receive notification until speaking with ALPA? Why hasn't EVERYONE affected by this issue been emailed the same $150 check notification? THAT'S what I believe smells foul.

I don't know about that either. Again, I'll bet you can call and ask. WHo sends the check, ALPA or FedEx? When something smells foul around my house, I investigate, and don't stop until the smell is gone. If I thought ALPA was trying to hide something, I'd be in the office, not on this keyboard.