View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 07:49 PM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by nightfreight View Post

Tony,
Give these guys a break, we both know they got hosed and the union told them to pound sand.

I RFO'd with one of these guys, and he told me he talked to his block rep and was told that he had a hard time convincing the older dudes about his grievance request. Said that he was just lucky to be awarded a widebody so soon, they had to be 727 S/Os for years... Basically, shut up and color..

You can defend these dudes as much as you want, but they did nothing to defend these guys when they knew they got hosed. But then again, the over 60 engineers certainly deserve all the help they can get...

I had dinner on a layover with the Block Rep that was taking most of those calls. During that dinner, he took a call from a disgruntled member, and he took nearly twenty minutes out of his dinner to make sure he answered each and every question the member had. I never once heard him tell the guy he was lucky to be where he was, I never once heard him say anything about having a hard time convincing "older dudes" to hear the grievance, and I never once heard anything resembling "pound sand." Such characterizations are both false and unfair.

I know these guys feel let down, and I can appreciate the frustration. But I can assure you that it's not the Union's fault. The Union did more than I thought they could, and they won more than I thought they could. For them to now be accused of these things is ludicrous.