View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 08:04 AM
DAL 88 Driver
At home on the maddog!

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ATL MD-88A

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
The "right" problem is a moving target. For you and me it's money. For the newhires it's bottom end scope. For the old guys it's retirement. Why is your desire any more important than anybody else's? I don't want to pay for bottom end scope. That doesn't make it unimportant to somebody else.
I believe we can all have more than one priority. That is a gross over simplification. Having said that, I think money is a fairly high priority for just about everybody. We all (well most of us anyway) love to fly and enjoy our "work." I know I do! But the fundamental reason anyone works is to be compensated for it. We're currently being compensated at a level approx. 34% below the norm that was established for several decades prior to management's great bankruptcy opportunity. I would bet correcting that was a big part of the survey results from most demographics in our pilot group for C2012.

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
And bankruptcy was a reset. There. I said it. Move on. It was sad, it was wrong, but it is a fact. Life's too short to fret and whine about it. There is nowhere to go but up, and I am good with singles and doubles and not home runs. You can only hit what's pitched. And I can't cry about a relief pitcher that throws a really good curve. I have to learn to hit the curve better. And I am.

Can't wait to read your retort to this.... although I am sure I can write it for you and pretty much hit all your talking points.
Well thanks for being honest. Finally.