View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 10:01 AM
DAL 88 Driver
At home on the maddog!

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ATL MD-88A

Originally Posted by johnso29 View Post
Oh I see. TC has no relevance here? Even though you and others were willing to have the organization that he created represent and bargain for us? Not a red herring, as DPA is still effecting us a pilot group, but I'm not surprised you used it as that's a classic defense mechanism.
We were desperate enough to want to make a change in representation because ALPA has become such a bad option with Moak and his disciples so strongly entrenched. But every discussion we have doesn't have to revolve around who represents us. Sometimes we might want to discuss things like... oh I don't know... C2015 and RESTORING our profession and our careers!

Originally Posted by johnso29 View Post
BTW, if you think that you can be represented and bargained for by anyone or any entity without politics being involved, then you're living in a fantasy land. Politics control the world, and money controls politics.
I never said politics weren't "involved." (You obviously have attended the Tsquare School of Redirection. ) I was talking about how politics are way too prominent in decisions being made. Given the severity of the cuts we took 10 years ago, the completely different environment in which we find ourselves today, and the relatively tiny amount of recovery we've made to date... I think principle and resolve (the kind of principle and resolve that most politicians lack) is what we need. In other words, we don't need politicians, we need people who aren't afraid to call a spade a spade and do the right thing.

I'm sorry, but I think people with your jaded view of the world and acceptance of that kind of status quo are a big part of the problem with the world today and a big part of the reason why today we're still 34% below the buying power we had 10 years ago.