View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 02:40 PM
NoSidNoStar
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

As aspected, and anticipated in the fashion and for the arguments, the lynching started. Just to show how frustrated some pilots can be. Wonder whose fault?

RI, I didn't put all corporate jobs in the same level.
Now, you are talking about "minimum" days off 13/qt. That is 135, not corporate. Two totally differ animals. If you are a 135 career pilot, I am sorry for you. I had a 135 jet job, and when the time came to refresh and renew, I just walked away went back working as a CFI. That is what I think of 135 jobs.
If you do like your 135 job, I guess I can only say good for you.
And if by airlines you mean a regional or charter, you are intentionally disguising the issue. I cannot believe somebody would leave a major to go fly 135, or even corporate for that matter.
P.S. waiting the two hours at home or in the parking lot, yes, I actually have done literally that, not in a corporate job, but in 135. And it was to prove a point and make sure that unreasonable calls were not to be expected.

Grum, my point is not bragging about who has the better or worst job.
(You have the latter).
My main problem is with your position of approving of other pilots being fired for trying to enforce a contract agreement with their owners/managers, for whatever that can be. No excuses for that. You are what keeps this sector a steppingstone for most. Besides few very lucky corporate departments, FBO are infested with pilots of your caliber. Pilots that show no compassion to other pilots, and are always ready to suck it up to the boss. I have a huge problem with people like that. I bet the younger pilots around you are filling every possible application they find.
Additionally, you stated you have 2 days off every two weeks. That does not account to 141 days off a year, but to 52 days off. Stop lying to yourself.
If you are saying that a day in which you are not flying, it is a day off, you are proving the points in my previous post. According to your logic, I had 290 days off last year. Well, not at all. And I am ready to bet that in many of those "days off" of yours, you were at the airport "helping" (not working) just because you had nothing better to do. Sad if you had, sad if you had not.
So, again using your standards, last year I had 290 days off, six figure income, 5 star hotels, Amex with my name on it, at least $600 tip each time I saw the boss, benefits paid 100% (what benefits? 100% of what? A cell phone, medical, 401k matching, points at hotels, amex, ect. etc...)
GARBAGE!!!
We should have had better benefits, REAL days off, longer vacation, 4 pilots instead of 3, 401k contributions instead of matching etc etc. But guess what? Because of people like you, always ready to "take one for the team" this sector will be always inferior in both remuneration and QOL as compare to the major airlines. Because of people like you, I have decided I don't belong in general aviation, but in the airlines. I am ready to do the jump, starting with a huge pay cut, so that I don't have to put up with your kind while waiting at the FBO. You won't miss pilots like me, I won't miss people like you. Fair well.
I will not answer you anymore, you already have proven my points.

Autopirate, remember, no matter what they tell you, a day in which you are available is NOT a day off.