View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 12:06 PM
NoSidNoStar
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by GrummanCT View Post
"Do not put words in my mouth which I never said". Comical for you to type that. I really think you need to 're-read this thread a couple times and realize who is putting words in who's mouth.

If the airlines are what you want, you should go to the airlines. If half of the "looming shortage" is true, the quicker you can land A seniority # at a major, the better off you are.

That being said, corporate aviation is a fine way to make a living as well. There's great jobs in big airplanes that do 100% international, and there's great jobs in domestic light jets. I know g drivers making 80 and light jet drivers making well north of 100 (base salary, not including additional benefits). It comes down to the operator and not the type.

At the end if the day find something that makes you happy, and do your best. You have to live with yourself, and life's too short not to be happy. QOL and Pay are king. Find a job with a good mix between the two. Taking one over the other usually leads to heartache.
Likes I said to the others, my beef is not with all corporate pilots, or corporate jobs. I have one of these myself, and I am pretty happy with that so far. My beef is with you, Grum.
Yes, thanks to your type of guy, I am seriously considering the move to the airlines, no matter the initial pay cut and my older age.
It is your type of ass kissing back stabber guys that I despite.
You said you will have a pilot fired for trying to enforce the little work rules you have; you do not belong to the head of a flight department.
Few years ago, you were a time builder, you bent over backwards, I can understand that. But now you are in a position of influence to other pilots lives, and you kept the same ass kissing attitude that land you the first jetA burning job. Worst, you expect them to do the same, or else. Brake the work rules. You are creating others like you. You are a virus. One day, one of your protégés will turn around and bite your job away from you, low balling you, taking always trips that you won't. You will have deserved it. I saw that happening, and as long as you promulgate this under bidding culture, it will happen again. You sound like you have it made, for your standards, so start to give back to the young pilots community. Let them have the work rules respected, otherwise, why even having them?
Repent now. May be you are in time to redeem yourself.