View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 08:21 AM
gzsg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009

Originally Posted by Sink r8 View Post
You keep telling yourself that.

I think you've been shown the weakness of your argument from a number of different perspectives, from a wide spectrum of posters. LBP is the mother of all concessions, and the ultimate end of the road that Pay Banding paves for us.

I agree with your perspective about Jerry's internet antics. But just because he's getting selectively deepthroated from someone on the MEC, and has a strange way of selectively leaking afterwards (there is a disgusting metaphor for you)... and just because he failed to say a peep on CDO's... and just because he can't prove pay banding is on the table... doesn't mean he wrong about the impact of pay banding. I completely agree with him that, hypothetically, pay banding would be a large, punitive and unnecessary concession.

Then there is the guy trying get pay banding AND vacation sellbacks on the agenda, and many posters think he "wrote a good letter".

I'm trying to imagine the sort of personal trauma, or masochism, that's motivating some of us to try to give back more. I can't quite do it.

I tend to think of myself as a reasonable person, and I've argued against those who have irrational expectations in a future contract, but I'm really, really struggling to understand how people are trying to rationalize concessions. If a Delta pilot didn't get properly breast-fed, or they have to cry themselves softly to sleep at night, I would encourage them to seek positive remedies, like professional help, or maybe even something harmless like sucking their thumb. But please, for god's sake, not bending over in front of their boss.
I fought early and often against the CDOs. Wrote the entire MEC more than once. Posted on the other forum many times.

Jerry