View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 10:15 AM
DAL 88 Driver
At home on the maddog!

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ATL MD-88A

Originally Posted by Sink r8 View Post
Maybe, but on APC you're arguing we need to trust you on pay banding based on your early warning system picking up CDO's. Trouble is, you didn't warn on CDO's. There is enough cross-participation between the two forums. No one on APC warned on CDO's until MD's letter (to my recollection). If you had warned on the other forum, APC would have been talking about it within an hour.

Your early warning system may also be malfunctioning on pay banding. I can't get any confirmation from anyone else that any such discussion ahs taken place with the company, or even that people are pushing for it at the MEC level. All I've heard is that there might be a question on it in the survey, because some people argue for it (i.e. tsquare's argument about QOL).

I'm glad we agree on a bunch of things, including CDO's. I'm just not sure why you want credit for warning us (you didn't), and why you're trying to convert that into more trust on pay banding.

You could just sit here, arguing against pay banding like a regular guy, and it would be music to my ears. It's the messiah stuff and the manipulative/selective nature of your rumors I find a bit weird.
I don't remember who initiated the discussion (and I could be remembering incorrectly) but I think we were discussing CDO's on at least the chitchat forum (maybe here too?) before MD's letter.

And it's a good thing we discussed it... because had we not (and then bombarded our reps with input to the point they were concerned about being recalled), it would most likely have gotten passed with CDO's in it and we'd have all found ourselves after the fact saying "split what?"