View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 02:15 PM
thefoxsays
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Random thoughts, as putting things on public boards usually hurts negotiating...

Automatic number of "x" days off after a rotation, like spirits.

The ability to just cut a part a rotation which spills over into another month is nuts still. At least without the consent of the line holder. (Before bidding even opens and a conflict exists!)

Out of base swapping of trips. I already got hammered on that, but I still support it.

Higher monthly guarantee.

The sick bank, use or lose is crazy weird.

Vacation. I don't have it in front of me, but doesn't united max out at 12 years, verus dal at 22yrs (35 days of vac)...and a max of 42 days at UAL.

There are others, and I have constructive thoughts for the survey.

Again, I know it sounded like whining, which I take back... I was guily like others, but I guess, let's get back on the positive. Discuss positive aspects of the PWA, and areas to improve. That was a short list I came up with in a couple movements.

Other areas I would like to improve, less code sharing and JV. But everyone wants that. And of course take back as much scope as possible. I started long ago and believed in scope. Heck anything over 30 seats should be at mainline. I know it might never happen, but it's worth a shot to try to get there.

My belief is, the first mainline to take back most flying in house will be the premiere airline of the future. With the hiring and future changes in the US aviation market place... This could be golden. While some carriers struggle with schedules and cxl'd flights at regionals, the main line with "regional" flying back in house wins.

How do we get there.... It will be interesting. I dealt with whipsawing for well over a decade. So it's the same. Delta is whipsawed against regionals and the joint ventures....

The next contract, and the next decade may shape the next 30 years in the US airline industry. I hope we knock one out of the park.

Okay, back to my happy place.... A nice Harley ride.

Positive thoughts