View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 05:38 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by badflaps View Post
I don't think Flight Safety is an authorized presenter of Naval Pilot Wings. Yes, no?
Exactly!
As JNB posted earlier:
B. Restricted Privileges ATP Certificate. A holder of a restricted privileges ATP certificate may serve as a second in command (SIC) in part 121 operations with the exception of flag or supplemental operations in part 121 requiring three or more pilots. All applicants for a restricted privileges ATP certificate must be at least 21 years old and have a minimum of 200 hours of cross-country flight time. The following applicants are eligible for a restricted privileges ATP certificate:

1) Military-Trained. In accordance with § 61.160(a), a U.S. military pilot or former U.S. military pilot, who has not been removed from flying status for lack of proficiency or because of a disciplinary action involving aircraft operations, may apply for an ATP certificate with an airplane category multiengine class rating or an ATP certificate concurrently with an airplane type rating with a minimum of 750 hours of total time as a pilot, if the pilot presents:

a) Eligibility requirements listed in § 61.153;

b) Aeronautical knowledge requirements listed in § 61.155;

c) Aeronautical experience requirements listed in § 61.160;

d) An official Form DD-214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) indicating that the person was honorably discharged from the U.S. Armed Forces or an official U.S. Armed Forces record that shows the pilot is currently serving in the U.S. Armed Forces; and

e) An official U.S. Armed Forces record that shows the person graduated from a U.S. Armed Forces undergraduate pilot training school and received a rating qualification as a military pilot.
I am unfamiliar with MongoEP3's earlier example of NFO's getting some SIC type of checkout - but he is in a community from which a lot of C-12 came out of so I'll not dispute his claims. I personally never saw such a practice.

My first understanding of this thread was asking if an NFO (with no other aviation related experience or training) could log time as an NFO towards an ATP or other required experience for ratings or certificates. If this is correct then the thread has morphed into an NFO WITH FAA certificates and whether that person could log time while flying - especially if the person he is flying with is also an FAA certified CFI/I/MEI for example?

Might be along the lines of the sole manipulator debate. Even if it is strictly legal..........it had better not be on your airline application because I can't imagine that a interview board would look kindly on that situational logging.

F4E Mx - this thread it talking about logging time - not whether the pilot would listen to the NFO in your scenario.